- Madge tries on one of the magical rings that we found earlier, and promptly disappears.
- Lunzo is then attacked by a powerful undead creature that has been residing in the cave. It identifies itself as Havoc Staff to control my mind briefly before the party fends it off. It disappears before we can finish it off. , and uses an item it calls the
- Ezra places the animated arm that carries a holy symbol of Dol Arrah into his backpack, and we rest for the night.
[THIS BATTLE COULD USE MORE DETAILS.]
Day 18 on the Island
- In the morning, I exhort the others to aid me in destroying the troll. Lunzo offers to aid by reading the creature’s thoughts, while the others seem hesitant to commit to the attack. I accompany Lunzo on what ought only be a reconnaissance mission into the creature’s cave, and am surprised to hear Lunzo tell the monster that I intend to kill it. I realize that I have been foolish to trust him, but can spare no more time for such thoughts before finding myself face-to-face in solo combat with the mighty beast.
- Fortunately, the others eventually come to my aid (seconds before she would have killed me, to be honest). The battle goes poorly until a large dinosaur appears and distracts the troll from us for a few seconds. Through a combination of all our efforts, culminating with a masterful stroke of the blade from Stevie, the troll is destroyed. Not exactly a textbook example of how to kill a powerful foe, but the important thing is that a great evil has been removed from this world. I feel this may be the most useful act I have been a part of since arriving on this island.
- Once the danger has passed, Mantin is able to get Madge to reappear from whatever place the ring has transported her to.
- Nothing of interest is found in a search of Augury’s lair other than a sword that is obviously too large for any of us to wield, and so we set out to the Dol Dorran station with Larissa’s guidance.
- After several hours of trekking, we come to the entrance.